Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My children are wonderful syndrome

My children are wonderful syndrome
This entry was posted on 11/2/2006 8:18 PM and is filed under Family Life.

All parents think their children are wonderful, but recent studies show that parents who think their children are truly the best have the truth slammed in their faces one of two ways.

1. Parents have the reality slammed in their faces when they discover their children's secret lives and behaviors..
2. Parents don't save for college due to thinking their child has a special talent that will get them a scholarship only to be let down when their children are turned down.

You can think your children are the best, wonderful, sweet, loving kids, but realize they are just that kids who are not perfect. Be an active part in your children's lives no matter how you believe they are behaving. I guarantee you over 90% of children have hidden lives their parents don't know about! I know I was one of them! Sweet and Innocent at home, but as soon as I was with my friends I got a little wild.. Thank goodness I didn't do drugs or drink, but I was having sex way to young and cursing!!

Don't think this is your child? THINK AGAIN!! Just because you can't accept it, doesn't mean it isn't happening. Know where your children are at all times, interview their friends and their friends parents. Know your neighbors and have look outs for your kids, because it truly does take a village to raise a child!

I figure it this way, you have a choice, "You can be completely involved and know for sure, or you can end up finding out way to late your child has habits that end up in his/her death"

It's as simple as life or death... What do you choose for your children?

This article was written, because a new neighbor of my fiance is a mother who's child got murdered in a town I used to live! The murderer had a known mental condition and was a known offender who should have never been let out of jail. Rather then complaining about what the police should have done I believe we must take precautions ourself... I learned a long time ago that you have to rely on yourself, be responsible for yourself and your family, but that trusted neighbors, friends and family members are all a part of raising a safe and healthy child. Do a check on the internet and court house for public knowledge of offenders and before you move into a neighborhood do a check on the crime, offenders, schools and interview the neighbors. Parents can't be there all the time, but doing your research as well as coordinating with trusted friends, family members, neighbors and even schools can help reduce your childrens risk significantly!

Don't let another innocent child die... Choose prevention, choose life..

No comments: