Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yahoo Messenger/Dating Site Scam Men and Women scammed

Yahoo Messenger/Dating Site Scam Men and Women scammed
This entry was posted on 2/26/2006 3:03 AM and is filed under Scam-Alerts.

Scammers Names: Smith Patrick, Smith Williams, AKA Ricky Williams, Nick Williams, Becker Wellerman, Tola, Tola Rose, Rose Smith, Owoeye Adebayo Daniel, Ibraham Mohammad, Michael Dawadu, Becky Williams and tons more

Current usernames: rosesmith_rosesmith, Tola_Rose, smith_will5

This man loves the name smith, so he uses it as the last or first name, mixes and varieties of Williams, Will and Ricky,
His IM conversations are broken sentences, poor spelling and hardly ever starts a sentence with the proper word, though his emails are perfect only due to spell check! He says things like I love you and will always do, calls you angel, honey and love even when he plays a woman, lol

Headlines: Nigerian Man Poses as American/Canadian/Benin/Nigerian/ to run scams on unsuspecting Women usinhg the dating sites and Yahoo messenger

Headlines2: Nigerian man Poses as Female to scam unsuspecting men on dating sites and yahoo messenger

Scams running:
Quick run down if you dont want a long read and how to avoid this altogether

Look for men or women scamming on dating sites and yahoo with the following scenrios.
1. Starving Nigerian Model
2. From America, Canada or Benin but in Africa and can't leave til she pays off bills she made (asks for money)
3. I have a visa but not enough money to get to (various countries used) America, Canada, UK
4. I am from the Providence Of Benin and need money to pay bills
5. I am trying to get a Visa and get out of this country
6. Daddy is in Canada and wants to send me money but I cant accept international checks, can I send them to you and you cash them?
7. Mixture of all these with new twists
8. Stranded at a hotel (tells various reasons)
9. Money Needed For Doctor
10. Charity
11. Kidnapped
12. I love you, help me get there
13. Send the money to so and so (then they have this person send it to them in Nigeria)
14. Send the money to me in USA or other country (then they have this person send it to them in Nigeria)
15. In Africa on business and they need an account to send the money to
16. In Africa on business and I can't cash the checks here, so cash them for me
17. I'll send you a deposit for a product/service to buy for me
18. My friend is getting married and they don't ship it to Nigeria (said country) so can you please accept the packages and ship them off to her for me?
19. Package needs extra insurance on it
20. Embassy wont let me come home
21. I was robbed
22. Embassy has my passport and information
23. I want to help you so let me have your bank account info so I can send you some money

How to prevent being scammed:

1. Only date people who have webcams as photos LIE and never accept an id, because ID's can be made. Even money orders can be faked, very well!
2. Dont send any internet person money
3. DONT DATE INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PEOPLE OR PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE ON VACATION
4. Strangers don't talk about their finances with strangers, so if they start about it, then block them
Think about it: A stranger even a dirt poor one has too much pride to ask a stranger for money. Anyone who does ask someone they dont know is a scammer!

These people will court you for up to a year, even call you, don't fall for it!

No comments: