Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Truckers Revenge!!

This entry was posted on 11/2/2006 8:06 PM and is filed under B-Rant and Rave about Anything Here.

Once upon a time the only drivers on the road you could count on were the Truck Drivers, but.... NOT ANY MORE!

Day after day as I travel back and forth to my new home up route 70 which is a major freeway for truckers I am finding countless truckers making critical mistakes such as going way over the speed limit, riding or crossing the yellow line or worse cutting people off, but the other day topped them all...

As I came up 70 the driver of an SUV made the driving error of cutting off a trucker while entering the highway. The trucker in the dusty red tractor trailer with mustard colored writing immediately started riding the SUV's bumper. When the SUV switched lanes to the fast lane, the trucker proceeded to speed up, switch lanes and literally push the SUV up the highway. This was clear road rage which went on and worsened for about 5 minutes.

If course I got the truckers tag number and along with a description dialed the police from my cell phone I was crossing the jurisdiction lines, so they put me through to another police station which in turn put me through to another one who thanked me for calling and told me they would take care of it. Did they? I pray they did..

It is in my opinion that there should be no road rage, but truckers are driving lethal weapons which one tiny mistake can kill innocent people. This day the road happened to be rather busy, had he lost it about 5 cars including myself would have been in a serious fatal accident.

Road Ragers should not be on the road, let alone in a tractor trailer! Sadly I did not see a phone number and couldn't make out the company name on the truck to report him to his boss as well..

-----------------------------
More Stories...

One night I was driving down 70 going about 75 when this company van decides it would be fun to try and push me to the slow lane.. Thinking of my own safety I went into the slow lane and he passed me ONLY to jump in front of me and go 72-73 miles an hour. He proceeded to do this to another car as well.

I told my fiance about the incident and that I had tried to get the phone number on the van, but it was very faded out gray color unreadable. We believe this was painted this way on purpose, because right above it there was an ad that was crystal clear. Unfortunately I was tired and it wasn't safe to write down the ad so he didn't get turned in.
-------------------------------
The other day while driving back home I saw this tractor trailer who was speeding zooming in and out of traffic and almost jack knifed several times.

The sad part of this is that this is a major highway which is hardly monitored which has at least one bad accident a month on it!

If I reported every one of these incidents I see I would be on the phone 24/7!
-------------------------------
A School Bus
I have seen countless school buses speeding on the highway (we're talking 75-80 miles an hour) no children on them thank god and one careless bus driver parked in a handicapped spot at McDonald's. I could be wrong, but I checked that vehicle over and haven't seen hide nor hair of a handicapped sign, sticker or seat..
---------------------------------
Enterprise Van

Enterprise wont pick you up today.. Their van was seen in the medium after being involved in an accident in which it appeared no one else was involved in??? Hey, I am sure there was someone else there besides the police, but darn if I saw the other car involved??

Feel free to comment or add your stories below. Maybe together we can come up with a solution to these issues

No comments: